Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Relief Society Birthday

So for the Relief Society Birthday I was asked to make the cake for the month of August. I had wanted to make this cake for Rodney starting school this fall so I thought it would be a good practice. I was super Happy how it turned out!


My Back to School Cake


R.S pot of gold

This one was for the month of December

September Birthday



July Birthdays


October Birthday


April Birthday


They combined some of the months but I thought all the cakes turned out super cute. They brought in a choir that sang to us while we ate Hawaiian haystacks. It was a really fun night. They gave us bookmarks that said:


Our lives are very different,

Though many ways the same.

We're daughters, mothers,grandmas,

We all know joys and pain.


Our struggles,fears and triumphs,

Are all part of the plan.

There are days we feel we cant go on,

But our Father knows we can.


One sister is fighting loneliness,

One sister lives in pain.

One sister thinks she'll lose her mind,

If her toddler screams again.


One sister makes a phone call,

One has encouraging words to say.

One sister stops to say hello,

And brightens an otherwise dreary day.


One sister offers to bring a meal,

One sister shares a smile.

One stops to listen to frustration's voice,

And tarries for awhile.


The thing about these sisters,

Each one a unique creation.

There lives are very different,

Each at a different station.


But deep inside a feeling swells,

A gift so precious and divine.

A love that runs deep within the soul,

A love were sent to seek and find.


Charity the Pure love of Christ,

It urges all to share the heavy load.

A gift most priceless, given to us,

To help make easier the road.


Our lives are very different,

Though sisters all are we...

May we search deeply, answer the call,

To be filled with Charity.



I love this poem. I thought it was really well written. I love vistiting teaching. I think all churches should have this program. When it is done and when your truely love your sisters you visit amazing things happen. One of my Best Friends came from me saying a prayer that I really needed a friend and that is how I met her. Jean I love you, you are like a sister to me. I am so glad that Heavenly Father loved me enough to send me such a beautiful friend, inside and out!

5 comments:

J♥M said...

Holy Crap I wasn't at all expecting to see those words just like that! Especially following such a beautiful and true poem! Every month that no one comes VT ing to me, I think about you and how you were so good at it! And I'd be lying if I didn't say that I miss the treats! I love that cake! You're so talented! Thanks for being so wonderful and the best VT I ever had!

*A* said...

I love Jean too! Those cakes turned out super cute. I'm proud of you, yours rocked!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, your cake is adorable! What a clever idea. Seeing the other cakes was fun however, yours was definitely the cutest! Love the poem. VT is an amazing activity. I have been going to a lady in our ward for 12-13 years. I have learned so much from her and she isn't even active. I am so lucky that I have wonderful ladies I visit and wonderful sisters that come to me. VT is the best! Thanks for sharing! Susan

Sara said...

Good job on the cake. I am making my friends daughters birthday cake in a few weeks for her first birthday. Should be interesting.

Doug and Amanda said...

What a great idea, and how talented you are!