Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My poor baby girl!






So my kids have off 3weeks from school. We have been doing a lot of cleaning up, projects, etc. So I thought it would be fun for us to have a break and go swimming. I called one of our friends to see if they wanted to come and they did so we were set. Well usually I swim with the kids but since we were going when Mason eats I needed to stay out and feed him. So while I was feeding him I heard Karlee SCREAMING! I ran to the water and asked what happened. It was hard to understand her but I finally figured out that another kid had stopped at the end of the slide and her head hit the back of his head when she came down. It was a total accident.

Her Eye was the size of a golf ball. The lifeguard gave her an ice pack and said that we needed to take her in to the Dr. He said she might have a head concussion. I was shaking so bad. Her eye looked terrible and I didn't know what to do. I got the other 2 kids out and starting drying them and getting there clothes on. Luckily my friend offered to take Rodney and Emily so I could hurry and take her in.

Everyone at the Dr. office was asking what happened to her. They did an eye check on her and looked her over and said she had minor head trauma. That we needed to watch and make sure she didn't get confused or that she didn't puke. If after 24hrs she didn't that she would be OK. If not we needed to bring her back in. My AMAZING visiting teacher that I haven't even met yet brought us dinner. It was so yummy and I was so grateful I didn't have to worry about making anything so I could focus on Karlee.

***She was going to get new head shots but I guess that will have to wait. :)

Day 2 :(

5 comments:

Sara said...

Poor kid! I am sorry

*A* said...

Oh Man!! If we are looking on the "bright side" then its a good thing her mouth didn't get hit. Either way OUCH!!

Julie said...

so so so sad! Glad she is okay though! Get better soon Karlee! And I'm so glad you have good friends and ward members to help out!

Leah said...

Karlee.You are still beautiful to me.Im sorry you got hurt. God speed love Grandma Clements

J♥M said...

I'm so so sorry! She has the right personality to get through this! She's so full of spunk! It's a good thing she doesn't have to go see all her classmates and come home telling you that she's sick and tired of people asking her what happened! That gets old real fast! I bet that was so scary and it definitely looks super painful! I hope it hurries up and heals!