Well last Thursday I sent the kids in the backyard so I could start on dinner. They were playing great and we even had an extra kid over for a few days. Mason was in the highchair and I hured Rodney screaming. I ran outside and he was whimpering really bad. He said his arm hurt so bad. I looked at it and could tell right away it was broken. He had a huge bump on it. He had fallen off of the rocks in our backyard.
Luckily my sister was home and she came to watch the other kids while I took him to Urgent Care. The Dr said he broke both the bones in his left arm and they might have to put him to sleep and reset it. I wanted to cry. Luckily the bone Dr said that since he was only 6 they wouldn't do that but if he was 12 they would. He got his cast on today and since his baseball team is Red that is the color he picked. He has to wear if for 3wks and then a brace for 2weeks. He was really brave during the whole thing. He almost cried when the Dr was molding the cast to his arm, he had to push on it really hard a few times and Rodney kept asking for him to please stop and if he was almost done :(
4 comments:
Poor little dude :(
~A
That is just plain sad!!! I love that he chose my favorite color on this planet for his cast! What a brave boy he is!!! Steph, I'm surprised your kids haven't given you a heart attack!!!
What a tough kid you have there! Rodney,you will have some great stories to tell your kids when you grow up! Love you, Rodney!
Grandma and Papa Bro
The poor guy. I'm glad that they didn't have to re-break it.
Post a Comment