Well we are in full swing of back to school. It's always an adjustment. My kids are not morning people, just like me :) Luckily I found someone to take them in the mornings and I pick them up. Rodney has reminded me a lot of Karlee when we first moved here. The first couple of weeks she was cranky, mean, emotional etc. I know it was a big change for her but she has since adjusted well. Rodney is going through the same thing. I usually get the kids up at 7:25 for school. He woke up at 7am hoping to get to watch t.v well we don't watch t.v before school, we sleep as long as we can and then we get ready for school. Well this just set him off. He was so upset that he got up early and couldn't watch t.v. He told Matt, "I never get to watch t.v or play the wii." I thought this was funny because Karlee and Rodney both got there homework done really fast yesterday and they played the wii and we watched some of the Olympics.
Then as he was getting on his shoes and having the grumpiest face. I said to him, "dude what is wrong, school is so fun. You get to have snacks, recess, see your friends, have p.e and music." Then he yelled, "But I miss my family." and started to cry. :*( Ohhhh this broke my heart. I hugged him and told him how much we love him and miss him too but that this is a part of growing up. I reminded him that he only has school for 3weeks then he gets a break and we can go swimming, to the park, play on the wii and of course celebrate my birthday. :) He said, "I wont miss your birthday." He is so sweet and sensitive. I sure love that boy. I know its a big change from last yr where he could sleep in, we got all morning to hang out and then he went to school in the afternoon and now he is up at 7:25 and gone till 3:30 that's a big change for a 6yr old. But I know he will adjust just like his big sister did. I sure love my kids.
Random May 2026
2 months ago
6 comments:
That is so sweet! That Rodney is a very tender hearted little guy. I hope he stays that way forever. The girls love that! But let's not tell them 'til he's about 21! Thanks for sharing this event. I love knowing what's happening at your house! and Kirsten's, Nate & Julie's and Tom & Jentry's. I hope all of you will share during the years! Loves! Mom/Susan
I can only imagine! Don't you wish that only the really good times were the ones repeated? It's so hard to watch them all go through all of the same hard things and they do handle them differently. That's why I wish that kindergarten was all day! I'll be having the same issues in a few weeks with Mandi. Only she'll already be gone at 7:30. I hope it gets better quick!
wow. i cant believe school has already started! i cant believe u have 4 kids! i love it and totalllllly love u!!!
I hope this comment comes through! anyway, I love this little story of Rodney. He has such a good and true heart.
You have awesome kids. Yeah for Rodney and school.
Rodney melts my heart! That kid is the sweetest guy! Hope that you guys continue to adjust well!
Post a Comment