Rodney has been so so excited to start Scouts. Last night he said to me, "Mom I am growing up, tomorrow I will be a man." He said that because today was supposed to be his first day at Scouts. All day he wanted to wear his Scout shirt. I asked him to wait to put it on until after lunch. After lunch he showered, he got clean clothes on and wore his huge (it has to fit for 3 years) Scout shirt. He kept asking me if it was time to go. I told him it didn't start until 5 o'clock. We left a little early so I could meet his leaders. I pulled into their circle and could tell they were wrapping up. I said to them, "doesn't scouts start at 5?" They said it started at 4. :( I could see on Rodney's face he was so disappointed. They felt so bad, I felt bad, Rodney cried. He had been so excited all day and for weeks he had waited for his first day. He cried a lot. He was really frustrated and disappointed. I let him cry and get it out of his system. I told him I understood that he was disappointed and that I was sorry he was sad. We went and got french fries and I told him when we got home we would have dairy free ice cream. Later he came and told me it was ok and that he would be alright until next week. Next week Karlee is filming all day when he goes to Scouts so his Grandma Bro will take him. I am so glad she can take him but I am sad I will miss his first day. I look forward to hearing all about it when I am home. I sure love him. He has such a good and kind heart. When he cried it broke my mommy heart.
1 comment:
oh, it is heart breaking to read too I will admit I am a little teary eyed, what a fun kid so excited for scouts!!!!
Post a Comment