Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy 10Year Anniversary! Part 1 of 2 post!


Ten years ago, I married my best friend! I cant believe how quickly time has flown by. In that time we have had a lot go on. I have had my gall bladder out, lasik eye surgery, 2 laparoscopic procedures, and 3 C-sections. We have lived in Logan, San Francisco, CA; Saratoga Springs and now Sandy. We have been to Glacier National Park, Lava Hot Springs, Las Vegas, Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Jose, Alberta, Canada; Twin Falls, Oregon, and Spokane Washington.
We met at Wal-Mart of all places. I had just gotten out of a relationship and also had a missionary and was confused and didn't want to date anyone! Matt says that he saw a beautiful tall girl with long blonde hair on Register #1 and wanted to take me out but was too nervous to ask. I had a good friend who had a boyfriend and they always wanted to have me go on double dates and they kept setting me up with dorks. So finally I said to them why don't you set me up with someone handsome and he said like who? I said that guy in Sporting goods is very handsome and that led to him telling Matt to ask me out.
We went on our first date to a marching band performance that Matt's brother Nate was in. This was when I met Matt's mom and dad (on our first date!). We had a ton of fun together and remained friends for many months. Matt left to go see his cousin Brent in Arizona and while he was gone I realized how much I missed him and loved him. Shortly after he got back we shared our first kiss. Then in July we got engaged and Sept 3 1999 we were married in the Logan Temple.

It is so amazing to be married to such a kind, patient, loving, Handsome :) , strong priesthood holder, my best friend, someone who knows you better than you know yourself, hard worker, and someone who always knows how to make me laugh and put a smile on my face. I truly married my best friend. I love you Matt more than words can say. I'm so grateful to have shared the last 10 (11) yrs knowing and loving you. Thank you for being such a hard worker and always putting your family first.
Us coming out of the temple :)
We look so young. Well we were :)
I love the wedding band picture.
I always wanted to get married in the Logan Temple!
Oh ya!
Classic: Feeding each other the cake
I knew Matts family would get a Kick out of this photo!
I loved my wedding dress!

I love my handsome husband! You are 1 in a million!

7 comments:

J♥M said...

Happy Anniversary you two love birds! Have an exciting day!!!

Doug and Amanda said...

Oh, Happy Anniversary, I actually remember when you guys started dating.. My how time flies.

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the hand photo too, you've always had pretty fingers and fingernails! Way to go and here's to many more decades together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ball Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Our anniversary is right behind yours - September 9, 1999. That was a good month/year to get married :)

Kirsten said...

Happy Anniversary yesterday and Happy Birthday today! Steph, I'm so glad you are my sister-in-law...and one of my very best friends! And you're right, I love the pic of the fam. Thomas is only a couple inches taller than me in that one! My how things have changed!

Jacilynn said...

Oh, How cute! I'm so glad you found such a super guy! I have a Matt too and he's a one in a million guy too. Must be the name.

Matt Bro said...

Well I guess I am pretty great arent I?!?! Its all because of this beautiful girl that said yes. I waited underneath the porch of her apartment and waited for her to come home from work. (her whole complex was waiting for the big show!) Her roommates led her up to her bedroom where I had flowers waiting and a note leading her to the window. When she came to the window, I was so nervous! I was down below along with 200 other college kids. I asked her to marry me and when she said yes, the whole crowd cheered! That was 10 years ago! I can't believe it. Steph, I love you!