Friday, June 11, 2010

Big Girl Panties!!!


Well a few months ago I tried to potty train Emily. Well lets just say she was not having it! Every time I would put her on the potty she would cry or she would think it was fun and want to sit for an hr and just hang out. Well I love you Em's but we have stuff to do. So I put it off. I kept thinking after I heal from my surgery I will teach her. Well then we found out we were expecting and at week 6 I thought I had a miscarriage, was suffering from an ear infection and head cold. Well we found out the baby was OK and I was really sick for 2 weeks throwing up.

Well this is when Emily decided she was ready to do it. I was laying in bed (dying) and she said I have to go potty. My first though was I do not feel good enough to play this game. So I helped her take off her clothes and so
OK go do it. So off she ran and then she came back and said I did it. I was thinking there is no way. So I had Karlee go check. Sure enough to her nature she did it when she wanted to without an audience. So I gave her a candy and she has been going ever since.

She even stays dry for her naps and also goes poo poo in the potty. The first week she had 2 accidents. 1 was my fault for not helping her fast enough to get her clothes off. The other was like the 2
ND day. Ever since then she just goes. She has to wear a pull up at night but half the time she has been dry so I don't think that will last too long. I am so proud of her. She really potty trained herself. I am so impressed with her. She has been rewarded with potty treats and potty coins. (Penney's) Way to Go Emily you are getting so Big!!!

9 comments:

Kellie Larsen said...

congrats on both the potty training and the pregnancy! how exciting!

J♥M said...

I love how every kid is so different! Panties are awesome! Yay Emily! It'll be so nice to have a short diaper break! I hope you shouted hoo-ray real loud!

Scott and Megan said...

hey I just saw that you are prego...congrats!WOW that is exciting FOUR little ones! HOpe you are feeling well and I can't believe that Emily is old enough to be wearing big girl panties...wasn't she just born?

Jocelyn Gardiner said...

Stephanie, congratulations! That is so exciting. You guys make really vute kids so you should make as many as possible!

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I don't know what your surgery was, but I hope it wasn't anything serious. You guys are such a cute family. I love reading about your kids, they are so funny. Tell Matt hello!

periwinkle4 said...

Good job, Emily!

And I'm glad you're not sick anymore and that your baby is okay, Steph!

Julie said...

Nate and I have been quoting Emily ever since we left Utah. She is such a riot and we loved seeing how her personality had developed in the last 6 months! So glad the potty training has been such a success and we are still so excited about Sandy Bro #4!

*A* said...

I'm officially jealous! Good job Emalous!!! Now show your little cousin Whit Whit how cool it is to go potty on the big potty..PLEASE!

Brett And Tiffani said...

What?!?! You're expecting??? Congrats! And What Surgery??? My head is off in the clouds.

I am glad she's potty trained. That's so nice.

Anonymous said...

That hand on the hip, so typical of this little cutie! It just seems like Emily has grown up faster than Karlee and Rodney. It just isn't fair that kids do this!!! Tell Emily that Grandma and Papa Bro are very proud of her! We love you all so very much!