Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Karlees in 1rst Grade!

Well last night for Family Home Evening Matt gave the kids all a blessing. It is something he always does before they start school. Last year it was just Karlee but since Rodney will be starting Preschool in 2 weeks he decided to give them all one.

Rodney went first and then when he was done Emily got up and ran over and said my turn. It surprised me because when Matt gave her one a couple of weeks ago, to get her teeth worked on, she would only do it if I held her. I peeked in the middle of her blessing to see if she was sitting still and she was folding her arms, eyes closed and sitting so still. I started to cry (well bawl). My baby was growing up. Then my pregnant brain started to think about the day that my Dr had told me I would probably never get to have my own children and how my little baby I just had (Karlee) was going to be in first grade and gone all day and I was going to miss her so bad. Poor Rodney even said, "I won't go to preschool and leave you I will miss you too bad." It made me feel good but I know it will be good for him.

I know I say this a lot but I am in so much love with my kiddos. They make me so happy. They are so funny and sweet and yes sometimes they are terds, we all are. But I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who gave me the blessing of being there mom. It is truly my honor. I hope and pray everyday that they will always know how much I love and adore them.

So our new adventure begins. Karlee will be gone until 2:35 and Rodney (in 2 wks) will be gone 3 days a wk for 2 1/2 hrs. I love to hear all the fun things they do and see them grow, I just wish they would slow down growing up so fast!

Karlees first day in 1rst Grade

She wanted to know if her teeth were sparkly white. hahaha

Good Luck Karlee you are going to love school!

Team Karlee!

9 comments:

Matt Bro said...

Karlee! My little first grader! I love you so much. I hope you have tons of fun in school today and I hope you learn all sorts of cool new things to come home and tell us about.

Love ya! Dad

Sara said...

They grow up WAY to fast. I remember when you brought her home from the hospital. We both lived in Logan at the time. WOW! My girls started Kindergarten yesterday! CRAZY!

Sara said...

Steph-
We did want them in the same class this year and then we are separating them next year. We just weren't sure how they would do going everyday without each other. To answer your question!

Kirsten said...

Yay for Karlee! I hope your first day of first grade was first rate! Meaning I hope it was wonderful. Did you have hot lunch? Cold lunch? How was recess? Cute boys in your class? I think you should call me later. Love you love you love you!

J♥M said...

So crazy! I can't wait to hear all about her 1st day! She looks like a fantastic 1st grader With sparkly whites!!!! Her Aunt Kirsten knows all the right questions to ask! Can't wait to hear the answers! I agree... they grow up way too fast!!!!

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

She looks so cute! I hope she had a wonderful day!

Stephanie said...

She had a great day thank you. We met her for lunch and she sat way down from us and I said come sit by your family and she said well I gotta leave room for my friends. hahaha

She had hot lunch, made 2 new friends, and the only boys she has eyes for are her daddy and Jason. :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad that Karlee had such a wonderful time at school and that she looks so cute!

Julie said...

Karlee! You look so beautiful! I love your pink shirt! Please call us soon and tell us all about what you are learning in school! We hope you are having a great time and love you oh so very much! We miss you every day and can't wait until we live closer again! Congratulations on being a first grader!