Monday, December 12, 2011

Karlee's Baptism pictures

I'm so happy that my husband takes Amazing photos! Karlee wanted her hair up so we did some pictures with her hair up and some with her hair down. She is so Beautiful. She cant wait to get baptised. I wanted to write this down so I never forget it. She had her first interview with the Bishop and she was nervous. She asked me what he would ask her and I said he'd probably ask if she had a testimony and if she new the Church was true. She said, "so just say yes to everything?" I said, "Well if he ask if you smoke I would say no." I got a "Look" for that. Hahaha

After she came out I asked her if she passed she said yes. We got in the car and she said, "Mom how do I know the church is true and how do I know if there really is a Heavenly Father?" I told her that was a really big question. I told her when I was 17 I was at the temple and I was struggling. I was sad and having a hard time. I heard a voice so clear that I literally turned around and no one was there and it said, "I love you." I normally wouldn't share something so personal on my blog for the world to see. But I am not afraid to admit that I know with all my heart that there is a God and that he does love me.

I want my children to read this and to know that I know with all my heart he is real. I will never deny that he is real. I told her if she prayed really hard that she would have a good feeling in her heart and know that he was real. She started to cry and she said, "I think I just got my answer." There will be times in your life Karlee when you may feel like he has forgotten you or he is not there as fast as you want him to be. These are the times you pray harder, longer and more. He is there, he hears you and he loves you, I know this just like I know that I will always be here for you and I love you with my whole heart. I'm so proud of you for wanting to choose the right and to get baptised. You are an Amazing young woman and one day you will be a wonderful wife and mother.























LOVE this one!


shes so cute!






So Pretty!



7 comments:

Julie said...

Well, this made me cry. She is so pretty and Matt did a great job taking the photos. So sad we can't be there on Saturday but we will be thinking of Karlee (and Mason the 1 year old too!). Karlee - we LOVE you SO much and are so proud of you for wanting to please your Heavenly Father and be baptized.

Doug and Amanda said...

is that the oquinah I have no idea how to spell it temple? We were there just this last weekend for a crazy quick ut trip....She looks so beautiful and I love your testimony, and that you shared it.

Leah said...

Stephanie,Its hard for me to see my oldest Granddaughter getting so big,she is such a wonderful girl.I love her so much.The dress is so beautiful just like her.Mom

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Great pictures! Still can't believe she's eight!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are tender and capture the beauty of Karlee. The testimony is an addition to this beautiful event in Karlee's life. Thank you for sharing your testimony, Steph and thank you, Karlee, for making the decision to be baptized. We are all so happy that we get to be a part of this sweet event.
Grandma Broschinsky

Anonymous said...

Two baptism's in the same year!! I feel so special sharing this year with my niece....both of us have done a good thing this year and i am so proud of Karlee. I miss you all very much and i hope that we get to see you all really soon.
Love Charlotte

J♥M said...

Gorgeous pictures and testimony Steph!! Just beautiful! Love you guys!!!!