Emily and Karlee both got perfume for Christmas. I noticed the whole house smells like pixie dust. I asked to see Emily's bottle & its half gone. She put it all over herself. Good thing it smells good. She said she wanted to smell pretty. :) Silly girl
That moment your 6yr old son hands you his glass ornament he made at school for Christmas and somehow you both drop it and you see his face and he is balling. *Heartbreaking! December 10 2012
Rodney has strep, Em has the runs and I thought Mason broke his foot this morning. We are off to a great day :( December 11 2012
December 27th Rodney got strep again and Dr said we probably need to take out his tonsils. The next day I went to the Dr I have strep also. By Sunday/Monday my throat didnt hurt anymore but my neck/back/head were hurting bad. Buy Tuesday I told Matt it hurt when I walked and by Wednesday I am balling and go back to the Dr. He tells me he thinks I have viral meningitis but I have to go to the ER and get a spinal tap to make sure. I cry the whole way there. He said its like getting an epidural, but you get a baby after that. This time you don't get any special gifts. It takes the Dr.s 8 times to get an I.V in me. I cried more that day than I have in my whole life. They even tried using an ultrasound twice and that didn't work. The Dr told her to just put a pic line in me and she asked if she could try a few more times. That got me to 8 times, with 5 different people thinking they could do it. I had a shot in both hips and 3 in my stomach. I also had to get a spinal tap, the numbing of the spinal cord hurt really bad but the draining of the fluid just felt like a lot of pressure. Finally Dr comes back I have viral meningitis. :(
I was in the hospital for 4 days. Getting tons of fluids, pain meds and antibiotics. I am home now but still on meds for another week. My head and back still hurt but at least I can move, I couldn't even look down on Wednesday when I went in. My mom and dad were so nice and sent pretty flowers. My mother in law stayed with the kids while I was in the hospital and Matt was just so helpful and amazing. I'm lucky to have such great family and great neighbors. They helped with the kids and brought several meals. Even though it was really scary and I was in so much pain I am so blessed to have such a great support system. Thank you friends and family!!!
Random May 2026
2 months ago
1 comment:
I am so sorry about the meningitis Steph :( wish we could have been around to help but we are glad you are doing better! Hope everything continues to improve!
Post a Comment