Monday, February 18, 2013

Rodney has his tonsils out

Before Surgery
 After Surgery
Going home
 
Well over the last few months Rodney has had strep throat several time. The Dr. decided he needed to have his tonsils and adenoids taken out. I wanted to wait until he was off track so the first available day was the day after Valentines day. He was a little nervous but excited to have a bunch of ice cream. His surgery was a later than planned, he went back about 11:15 and I saw him about an hr later. When I saw him he started crying, I knew his throat was hurting a few minutes later they gave him some meds and about 10-15min I could tell it was working.
 
He is on some pretty heavy meds so we have been walking him to the bathroom but last night he wanted to go himself. We let him and on the way back he slipped down a few stairs, we told him until he is off the meds we will have to walk with him. He has a really big sore on the side of his mouth from it being propped open for surgery and that is really painful. We have had to stay on the meds every 4hrs or the pain is just to much. Right now he is having a little ice cream, a little Popsicles but mostly water/juice. The Dr and the nurses were really nice they gave him the blanket in the last picture. The Dr said for the next 2-3 weeks he will be not be feeling great and he needs to be careful. He is bored and frustrated that he has no voice. Poor dude.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang! Poor dude :(

Erin said...

Poor guy. Hope he feels better soon. Your poor family! It has not been your year of being healthy