Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Rodney is cast free!

Matt drew the Aquabats symbol on Rodneys cast
And a basketball

Rodney finally got his cast off. Poor Rodney wants to learn how to ride a bike so bad but he has had a cast 3 times and this has made it really hard for him to learn since he keeps getting hurt doing other things. When the Dr took off his cast he had a pretty bad rash, some of his skin ripped and was bleeding and he had a small yeast infection on his arm. I had felt like the Dr wrapped more than he needed to making it really hard to be mobile, it was also really thick and hard to cut off and I thought it was weird that last time they put lotion all over his arm and didn't this time. So next time ( I hate to say that but with Rodney I'm sure he will unfortunately have more cast colors) we will go to the Orthopedic Dr to get it casted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe there won't be anymore casts! That would be the best of all wishes! Happy that his cast is off and he mended nicely. It will be fun to hear that he has learned to ride his bike, too. Rodney is one tough kid and has been through a lot! No more casts, Rodney! Love you all.
Grandma B.