Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Family Home Evening

Last night was so much fun! Its been getting really cold (we woke up to snow this morning) and so we wanted to have family home evening and have it be warm and fun! Well Matt and Karlee went and got 2 Pumpkins at the store and we had cream of broccoli soup with homemade rolls. It was so good! After dinner Matt cut the pumpkins and Karlee and Rodney both got to clean one out. Its sad and I'm not exactly sure why but we have never done this with the kids. We did it once when Karlee was one but that's it?? Karlee was really excited to cut the pumpkins she didn't realize how gross they were inside. But it was a ton of fun. Matt asked Rodney and Karlee both what shape they wanted there eyes, nose and how many teeth they should have.

Karlee said it was gross but she didn't mind doing it. Emily was just cute!

These pictures of Rodney kill me! He was dry heaving. We had to really talk him through doing this it was really hard for him the texture was really getting to him but once he was almost done he liked it and thought it was funny and was proud of himself for getting every single pumpkin see out!

Can you tell which one was Karlees design and which one was Rodney's. Hahahahaha so funny. Emily and I just watched them and laughed and took pictures! We had the easy job :)

7 comments:

kellbell said...

FUN! I am not going to brave carving this yr! I told the kids they might be able to paint some :)

*A* said...

That looks way fun! I love the eyelashes...KARLEE!! Glad you had a fun evening with your fam!

J♥M said...

I love them and I'm so proud of Rodney for going through with it! You too! We don't even realize how good these kinds of activities are for their development. Awesome pumpkins! Love the lashes Karlee, I'm assuming that's her pumpkin!

Kirsten said...

Those are WAY cute pumpkins. I totally love them. And tell Rodney his Aunt Kirsten is very proud of him. The pictures of Karlee and the guts crack me up! And I love to see them in their aprons!

Griffiths said...

how fun, the pumpkins turned out great!!!

Julie said...

I know I shouldn't think it is funny that poor Rodney was dry heaving but it sure made Nate and I giggle! What a sweet boy. Tell Rodney that absolutely hate cleaning pumpkins too! Can't stand the grossness! We also loved the difference between the two pumpkins! We want to do this with our kids too! You guys always set such a great example!

Doug and Amanda said...

I love that he was hesitant to get his hands dirty....my kind of kid! and the first goo shot is adorable with the aprons on, so cute!