Tuesday, October 5, 2010

No more treats!

So why is it the second we are told "No you can't" you want it more? I went to the Dietitian yesterday and she said low carbs, no sugar, and high protein diet. Does she know me??? Does she know I am not a big meat eater? I know you can get protein from more than just meat its just what I think of first. Does she know its almost Halloween, Thanksgiving and yummy Christmas cookies?

Well I am sure she does but since she was 100lbs and telling me after the baby comes to keep it up and I could basically look like her I doubt she cared. Ok sorry I'm being a brat. I did however get to my car and was dreaming about raspberry filled donuts and about to cry at the thought of poking my finger 4times a day. When my awesome husband and 3 cute kiddos pulled up behind me. At first I was a little frustrated thinking I don't even get 10 minutes to myself to cry. But then he said they missed me and they were worried about me and took me out to dinner.

It was a good reminder that I am truly grateful for a loving husband and kids. Ya I could of cried in the car and came home. But it was much better to be picked up, fed and told how much I was loved. I know it could be worse. Its just this is my story and its hard for me.


I know it will be better for my health and the health of my baby so I will do it. It is just really hard. I have a huge sweet tooth and being pregnant and you can't even give into your cravings is a bummer. I love this little boy, Mason, that is growing inside of me. I hope he knows I would do anything for him.

6 comments:

Sara said...

You go ahead and cry. I think that I would have cried too! A woman needs her chocolate and sweets! Just think it will make you appreciate the few that you will get to snack on during the holidays! (FEW!!!) Just remember that the little bundle of joy is worth the 4 finger pricks a day and fewer goodies!

Doug and Amanda said...

I love the name Mason, very cute, we are having the hardest time with a name, not a single maybe yet. I will hope for you the next twelve weeks go by fast!
Just think after delivery that rasberry yummy could be your treat! Mine will be a dr Pepper I haven't had one since I had addy and I just had the one I was rewarded after labor, I can't wait for the next one!

*A* said...

I will be the first to bring you a dozen raspberry filled doughnuts to the hospital cause I'm cool like dat! Not too much longer!!!! Eye on the prize, eye on the prize!

J♥M said...

Oh Steph! I was waiting for your call and it never came. I am so sorry and you're right, the craving is always worse when it's not your choice. Being told "NO!" stinks! I'm glad that you were treated to dinner and were shown so much love! I agree with Andra, eye on the prize! I hope that your finger bleeds well so that you don't have to poke them more than 4 times!!
Hugs! Hugs!

Matt Bro said...

I am proud of you Steph! Its tough but when our little boy is here, it will all be worth it. I love you!

Julie said...

Steph! I am so sorry to hear about your struggles of the last week. Please know that we are thinking of you and praying for you and I hope that December 27th (or sooner) will come very quickly! Love you and miss you!