Friday, September 24, 2010

A rough week

Today I got a phone call from the Dr saying that my glucose was so high that there was no point in taking the 3 hr test and that I had to go to the dietitian next week and get a monitor to check my blood. Ohhhhh this bummed me out. I had gestational diabetes with Karlee but not the other two so I was hoping I was in the clear :(

This pregnancy has been so different than the other 3. Usually when I am pregnant I feel great! This time I barfed the whole first trimester, I thought I had 2 miscarriages, was on bed rest for 6 weeks and now I have gestational diabetes. I know it could be worse and I don't want to hear that. Its just my back is killing me and I have been having contractions and I will be super happy when Dec 27th is here and I am holding this little angel in my arms instead of my tummy. I love him and I am so happy to be pregnant. Its just been a lot harder this time around.


I had thought that we were going to be moving into a house to rent and now I'm not thinking its going to work out. So I have been bummed about that. The place we are renting is really small and you can't ever open the windows cuz the neighbors all smoke and its its just been a rough week.

I probably shouldn't type when I am in this mood. I know that whatever each family is going through is hard and there are just a few things that have all hit me this week and made me feel like ok my plate is full and I can't take anymore bad news this week.

Matt thought that he was supposed to get his bachelors in February but it is looking more like June. He said maybe this is a blessing in disguise because then the baby will be 6mths old and our lease will be up and we can move. Time will tell. I am just feeling like we don't have the best luck, stinks!

6 comments:

Sara said...

I am sorry that your week has been so crappy! I hope that it gets better and everyone needs a place to vent to so why not your blog!

J♥M said...

Sometimes you just have to let it all out! I know this is Stephanie's edited edition! Sometimes you have to say it like it is! And sometimes we just aren't in the mood to hear all about the silver lining that we're not sure we'll ever see!
I am so so sorry that you have to check your blood and report everything you eat to a diatician! That really really sucks! I'd cry if that was me! It was me, 9 years ago!
You're right about too much bad news for one week! For that I'm sorry!
Thanks again for coming out to support Tenaya! We loved having you here! And Kyler said that he wished Rodney was his brother so that they could do boy stuff!

Brett And Tiffani said...

It's OK to let it out and vent. Believe me! Sometimes weeks just crash down on us and there is nothing else to make us feel better. So it's Ok. Don't feel bad. Sorry you've had a rough week. Think Happy Thoughts for next week!

*A* said...

That totally sucks! My week has been tough too with all the smoke damage and having neighbors saying on facebook that "some people in the neighborhood are ripping the goverment off" Ummmm, its call SMOKE DAMAGE dumb A**. Sorry, I needed to vent too! I need some cheesecake!

Doug and Amanda said...

I hope this week is going better. I haven't taken my gulcose test yet, but I am just keeping my fingers crossed I don't get your same news. I am so sorry this pregnancy has been so hard for you, but I really appreciate you sharing it, it helps some of the rest of us keep perspective. Hang in there. Dec. Will be here before we know it!

Stephanie said...

Thanks and Jean you were right I blogged nicer than I felt. But it I was grateful to my friends for reassuring me that it was ok to vent so thanks, you guys are awesome!