Monday, May 23, 2011

Walk for Cystic Fibrosis

Last year Matt, Karlee and Rodney did a 5K for Cystic Fibrosis. I couldn't go cuz of problems I was having with my pregnancy. But this year we all got to go as a family. It was a really Great experience. Only 6 other people from Matts work showed up, but hundreds showed up from all over.

I was so grateful for the people that we walked with. Emily made it about a mile and then she was done. Matt and I took turns having her on our shoulders and back but she was getting really tired and was getting emotional the last bit. Then Rodney tripped about half way through. He said he was fine but I was pushing Mason up hill in a stroller and pulling Rodney while Matt carried Emily. I got to the point where I was like I don't think I can keep pushing with one hand and pulling (60lbs) with the other and finish this. We got to a point where we could of taken a short cut and finished early. But I felt like we started this and we were going to finish it, even if me and the kids were going to finish crying. But one of Matts Amazing co-workers had been carrying his son and offered to let us use his stroller and it seriously saved the day! Rodney went in the stroller and I put Emily on top of our stroller and pushed her and Mason and we were able to finish. Karlee did so good! She didn't even get upset when they ran out of Popsicles before we got there.



I was so proud of the kids and so glad that we could do this as a family. Last year Matt had to have Karlee and Rodney take turns in the stroller. So we were doing good to have one kid walk the whole way. :) Next yr I will try and borrow a double stroller from someone. We have a little family that we love and there 2 daughters have Cystic Fibrosis and I told the kids at the beginning we are walking for them, cuz we love them.

My silly kids before the walk

3 comments:

*A* said...

I'm so glad you updated! Love both the new post.

J♥M said...

I just love things like this! It's hard sometimes to keep the kids going, but hopefully one day they'll remember going and supporting those that they love!

Julie said...

What a special family tradition! Good for you guys! It is something you all will always remember!