This little dude has been threw a lot! When I was pregnant with him I thought I had miscarriage twice. I was put on bed rest for 5weeks. Then he came 2 1/2 weeks early due to low fluid and my body shutting down. Then he had Bronchiolitis twice, RSV, 5 ear infections, hypospadias repair, and now tubes in his ears and tear duct surgery and he wont even be 11mths for 6 more days. I thought 11/11/11 meant good luck not surgery again. So I'm hoping that from 11/11/11 on he will be really healthy!
We got up at 430 am. Matt dropped off Mason and I at Primary Children's in SLC. We were there at 6am and the surgery was at 7:30. It took 35min it was really fast. Matt and the kids tried to sleep in the car and had breakfast. They told me he did really good and when I gave him to the anesthesiologist he was asleep so that was good. When he was in recovery they said go down through those doors and tell the person at the desk who you are looking for. I went through the doors and I didn't have to ask anyone where he was, I could hear him. He was screaming so LOUD! I went right over and got him. He screamed for an hour straight. They kept trying to give him juice, but he doesn't like it. So after about 40min we gave him some milk. He drank it but screamed when he was done. The nurse said between him and another baby they were having a screaming match to see who was louder, and Mason was winning.
It was really hard, the last time he was really sad but this time he was mad. It was hard to calm him down. Finally they said I could take him home, that he would probably do better at home. So we got to leave at almost 11. He was sleeping or crying the rest of the day and then I don't know what was wrong with Karlee but she threw up 10times. I was really grateful to my VT for bringing us dinner. It was a huge blessing.
4 comments:
This is now going to get better, Steph. Mason has gone through so much! It can only get better, I think you have done the worse. Nice that Mason has a strong mom to care for him. Sorry to hear about Karlee. Hope you are all doing better. We are so anxious to see you all at Thanksgiving!
Susan
Poor little guy. Hopefully, all the surgeries will help and he won't have to get another one for awhile.
Oh, man...that makes me want to cry...poor dude
Poor Mason! I hope that from here on out he is as healthy as can be! What a rough year he has had! He sure is the cutest thing though! Grateful for technology to help you give him the health care he needs.
Post a Comment