Monday, September 15, 2008

The world according to Karlee

Last week we had to run to the store to get some milk. When we got back into the car it was pouring. We started home and I saw a little old man walking home with 2 big sacks from the same grocery store we had just left. Usually I don't ever ask strangers if they need a ride but I felt so bad that he was getting soaked and his hands were full with his groceries I felt like it would be safe. I pulled over and asked him if he would like a ride. He politely said he lived close and he would be ok. So we started back to the house, Karlee said, "Mom why did you ask that man if he wanted a ride." I thought perfect teaching opportunity and I told her that is something that Jesus would do if he saw a little old man walking in the rain he would see if he needed a ride. She told me, "That is why Jesus is in Heaven" and asked her why and she said "because its raining."