Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Two Monkeys Jumping on the bed


We were have a great day on Sunday, we got home from church and sent Karlee and Rodney to go play while we figured out what we were going to have for dinner. I have told the kids a million times that they are not allowed to jump on the bed but they still have, so we have compromised on bouncing on your knees. All of the sudden Matt and I heard a very loud boom and a scream, we both ran as fast as we could down to Rodneys room where he was at the foot of his bed laying flat on his tummy crying. I picked him up and took off his shirt and pants so I could look at him and see if he was ok. He was shaking so bad I could tell he definitely had the wind knocked out of him. I asked him what hurt and he said his arm. Matt looked at it and said it was definitely broken, it was red and had started to swell up really big we packed the kids and took him to the ER. They did some X-rays and said that he broke his arm in 2 places, I cried so hard I couldn't believe something was broken on my baby boy. He had a temporary cast put on and on Wednesday we went back to get the real one. He picked a blue cast and he was so brave.The Dr. said he will have to wear it for 6 wks. I feel so bad because he cant even bend his elbow and its his right arm. Rodney you were so brave and strong, we are so proud of you!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think he is the cutest boy in the world!(love mom)

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

He looks like a stud in that cool cast!

Matt Bro said...

I must agree. Rodney... you are so brave and I love you tons! Just do your dad a favor and dont break anything else, mom is gonna be a nervous wreck from now on.

lots of love,
Dad

natebro said...

I don't want to say I'm happy that Rodney broke his arm, but I am happy that he is taking after his super awesome uncle Nate. And if he is taking after his uncle, I guess you have a lot more of this coming. But look at it this way, I turned out really, really well. I mean I am the coolest guy I know. Anyway, both Julie and I feel bad that he got hurt but he's really cute. We love you guys and we think you're real cool.

Janese said...

Oh Steph! I am so sorry! Gracie was sitting on our couch playing and she fell off backwards and she broke her collar bone! It was so sad. I cried too! The bad thing about that was they couldn't cast it or anything! Just pain meds! Luckily she healed pretty fast. The first week was miserable! Hope he's doing okay!

J♥M said...

Poor Rodney! He'll be alright and back to his normal self soon! Good luck with the cast! He's cute in blue!

Anonymous said...

Well, I thought I made a bunch of comments and left them here for you to see. But I was wrong. Maybe the computer is smarter than me!!!
To look at these pictures of Rodney reminds me of the many times there were casts at our house. I am sorry for Rodney and for Rodney's family that he broke his arm however, because his family loves him so much, it is not going to be a problem. We love you, Rodney!