Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 44th President of The United States of America


Today was a Big day for America. Barack H. Obama is our new President and he is the first African American President we have ever had. There are some reasons why I didn't want him to be the next President but I will keep them to myself. I am keeping this journal for my children and I want to teach them that even though we don't always agree with people that we can pray that Heavenly Father will guide them to help us to live in a land where we will be safe and can enjoy the freedom that we have. I hope he will be an amazing President. I agree that there is need for change and that the economy needs help desperatly. Times are tough and it will take a strong man to deal with the challages our nation is currently facing. I pray that he will be able to do what he was ment to do.

3 comments:

*A* said...

Amen Sista! Matt was actually saying last night that we should write a letter to our kids about how we felt on this day big day in history!

J♥M said...

I love your optimistic hope on this subject.

Doug and Amanda said...

Well, you definately put things into perspective, thanks for the post. I needed a fresh look on it.
Amanda