Friday, January 23, 2009

The Draper Temple


On Wednesday we got an amazing opportunity to go to the Draper Temple open house. It was so amazing to go inside with our whole Broschinsky family (minus Nate and Julie). It was the first time I have ever been to an open house. I loved sitting in the Celestial room with my husband and 3 children. It was a really neat experience. Also to look through the mirrors in the sealing rooom as a family and know that if we live worthy that one day we can all be together forever. I am so grateful that Matts family was able to drive up and spend this special day with us. We sure love you guys!

The Angel Moroni

Beautiful Draper Temple

Celestial Room

Sealing Room- where you get married

Tom, Jentry, Kirsten, Grandma and Papa Bro

Our cute little family!

What Last?

Ice cream melts,
Flowers wilt,
The leaves of autumn fall.
Sunsets fade,
Seasons change,
And children dont stay small.
Balloons pop
Snowfalls stop--
Do summers last? Never!
Weekends fly,
Today will die.
But.....
Families
Are
Forever!

11 comments:

Katrina said...

i just realized that the draper temple is new. when is the dedacation?

*A* said...

That is my favorite post!! I might have to copy if you don't mind!!

Kari said...

WOW! What a gorgeous temple. I bet that was so much fun to take your kids. The last open house I went to was the Bountiful temple. You are such a darling family.

J♥M said...

We still need to take our kids. What a great opportunity to teach them and yay for everybody to be able to go inside! I like the poem you found or wrote or whatever! Do they let you take your camera inside?

Kirsten said...

That was a really neat day. I'm sorry I was so grumpy when we went. I really love you guys and I'm glad I was able to experience that with you, even if I didn't show it.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome opportunity!

periwinkle4 said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures! I was able to take the kids to the Twin Falls open house and we all really enjoyed it. T.J. and Ryan had to drink from ALL of the drinking fountains we passed and they were so impressed by the GOLD! ones in the temple. T.J. was also very excited about seeing forever in the mirrors. What a great experience for your kids!

Anonymous said...

Steph, We had a wonderful time going to the open house with all of you! It was so fun to hear Karlee say, "It is SO BEAUTIFUL" in each room. Ahhhh....we love those kids! Thanks to you and Matt for getting the tickets and inviting us. We were sorry that Nate and Julie couldn't be there but certainly enjoyed all the rest of our kids that day. See you soon, wahoo! Love, Susan

Stephanie said...

They didnt let us bring in the camera so I found those pictures online! This game is turning out to be a ton of fun!

Matt Bro said...

I am grateful that our family was able to all be there. (nate and julie, you were with us in spirit, we love you!)

This was an awesome experience and i would encourage anyone and everyone to take the opportunity to go through a temple open house.

Even though it hasnt been dedicated for the sacred work that is was built for, there was still a very special spirit inside and I am especially glad to have experienced it with my wife and kids.

J♥M said...

Thanks for the clarification of the pictures inside the temple. I didn't want to be mad when I get there and they tell me no camera!