Thursday, January 29, 2009

The lessons you can learn at Wal-Mart

So the kids have been sick the last week and a half and are still sick. Today is the first day since Monday that Karlee hasn't had a fever. There are boogies flying everywhere and the tears have been flowing. So last nite I told Matt I had to get out of this house or I was going to loose it(emotionally). So I went to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart!!!!! Its ironic I worked there for 7yrs and and thats where I went for a break. Well Wednesday nites are great at least this one was. It was surprisingly quite and I was able to pick up some much needed staple items for the house. I picked up a pkg of hostesses cupcakes and sat in the car and ate them it was great. Then there was a knock on my window and it was a Spanish man with a bag of what I think was hot chimychungas and he had a container with more. I shook my head no and said no thank you and he went on, as I watched him walk around the parking lot trying to sale this food he had made I started to ball. I felt so sad that this man was probably having a problem with the language barrier and how hard that must be on his pride to have to walk around the W.M parking lot trying to sale food so to provide for his family. It mad me so sad. I know that things have been hard for us since I stopped tending kids but I am not needing to walk the W.M parking lot and sale food. It made me frustrated that things are so hard and also grateful for what I have. I had a good cry and came home and felt a lot better.

7 comments:

Janese said...

Hey Steph! I'm finally feeling better. It seems like it takes me forever to heal. I'm just glad it's over. We'll see what happens.

periwinkle4 said...

Sometimes as much as I hate WalMart, that is the only place to go! I hope you're feeling better. And I hope the kids keep getting better too!

Katrina said...

yyyyuuuummmm hostesses cupcakes. i escape to wal mart all the time. you'd think we'd had enough of that place by now. oh well.

Anonymous said...

At least you were able to get a break and gain perspective even if it was at Walmart!

*A* said...

Good old Wallies... I could spend hours there! You should have called me! I would have come over and brought RASPBERRY FILLED DOUGHNUTS and we could have shared!!!! YUUUMMMY

Griffiths said...

It's amazing the places we can learn things. Hope the kids get better, ours have been sick too. NO FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie...you are such a dear. If that man knew that he had touched your life so much, he probably would have been equally touched! There are events and situations that come into our lives that seem to last fore..v..e..r..! Just when you think that you can't handle more, someone walks though your life and touches you in such a way that you gain a new perspective. As your mother-in-law and friend, I know you. I know that times are tough. But you have strength that is so powerful that you give it to others and don't realize you need to give yourself some and some credit. Out of hard times that are black, like coal, comes a diamond that all admire! Hang in there....love!
Susan