Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday Dan!

On Saturday we pulled off one of the best Surprise Birthday Partys ever! We had been planning Matts dads birthday since January. Officially his birthday isnt until Sept. 09, 2009. So throwing it a month early he had no clue!!! We told him we were meeting at the Old Rock Church in Farmington for family pictures before Nate and Julie moved. Our last pictures we didnt have Julie, Jentry, Rodney or Emily so it was time for an update. We had everyone park on the opposite side of the building from where Susan was to park. I was inside with Rodney and they came in to see what was taking me so long.hehehe Then Karlee convinced Dan to come on the stage with her and he told her he thought there were people in the gym so they better get off the stage and then Tom pulled open the curtain. You should of seen his face it was priceless. We yelled Surprise and sang Happy Birthday to him. He was in shock! He asked if he had to give a speech and we told no. :) We had pork and rolls, potato salad, salad, chips, and cake. He had so much fun visiting friends and family that he hadnt seen in quit awhile.
Dan when he was a little boy :)

Cute little Dan!

Dan growing up in Farmington

Dan and the love of his life Susan!

Dan and Susan with some friends and family
Dan sure has an amazing family. He has been an amazing example to all of us!
Some of our silly family!

I tried to get everyone at the party sorry if I missed some people!

Fun for the kids to meet there second cousins for the first time :)

The building we were at is where Dan went to church growing up. It is also the famous church building that Matt turned off the lights during sacrament and the Bishop told Dan over the pulpit to please have his son turn the lights back on.

6 comments:

Olsen's said...

How fun to surprize him! I love things like that!

J♥M said...

I'm so glad that it was a success! Everyone looks so happy! I love that story about Matt and the lights! Funny!

*A* said...

Those sure are some fun pictures! I think Dan looks just like Thomas when Dan was youger! Soooo fun for you guys!

periwinkle4 said...

What a fun party! How cool that you were able to keep it a surprise too. LOL about the lights being turned off! Cute pictures too!

Ball Family said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I love surprise parties! :)

Dan B. said...

I am not much for being the center of attention, but this party sure was fun. I love my family so much, thank you for a wonderful day.