Well we got home and she took a short nap and she was up crying again I got her some food and noticed she wasn't using her left hand at all. Which was weird then I looked at it and noticed her hand was swollen really bad. I called the nursery teacher and asked what happened and they said she tripped and fell on her tummy and another little girl fell on top of her. I called the Dr and they said to bring her in.
They did X-Rays, we got locked outside for 5 min in the cold, and come to find out it was broken. They said she has a hand fracture of the 3rd metacarpal. My poor baby! You kind of think these things will happen at the park, jumping on the bed, or at your house but I never thought they would get hurt at church!
I know that kids are going to get hurt but it doesn't mean I have to like it :(
This is her in her Princess Jammie's.
They gave her a temp cast until today when they put the real one on.
She picked out a purple one.
She was so brave!
It took some convincing to take off her hat!

Emily I'm so sorry that you got hurt! You are such a brave and strong little girl. I know that you have been frustrated having this thing on your hand but I promise its to help you. Daddy and I love you so much and we are going to take good care of you!
9 comments:
Oh no! I can't believe it's broken! I guess she's your little monkey for a reason! I'm so sorry! I hope that she's liking the purple cast!
Poor little thing! She sure looks pretty in her purple little cast. Love you Emily, hope you feel better soon!
So sorry to hear about the broken hand, what a bummer, I guess nursery really can be quite brutal,who knew. Hope she feels better soon...
At least you weren't the one to break your daughters hand...I broke my own son's collar bone! We were playing frisby and we both went to get it and he fell and I fell on top of him....SNAP! Yeah...I felt AWEFUL! He was pretty tough and didn't cry until after about 10 minutes later when I sat with him and tried to have him tell me how he felt...I hate seeing my kids get hurt don't you!
wow, how crazy. I can't even count how many times Joshua has tumbles and I honestly thought he might have broken something. So sorry it actually happened.
Ahhh her cast is cute! Hopefully it heals fast !
That's the cutest little cast (and girl of course) I think I've ever seen! She just looks sweet through and through! Cute family pic at the top too btw :)
I am sorry to hear about you daughters hand! I too never thought about something getting broken while at church.
YOu are probably wondering who I am. Well I believe that we use to be neighbors and work together in 2003 - 2004! It was when you had your first daughter. We lived in the condo's across the street from the hospital. I stumbled across your picture when you commented on the Hinckly Family and thought...I think I know her! If I do..Glad to see that your family has grown..They are all beautiful children!
come on by and visit:
dshodges.blogspot.com
Oh my poor little monkey! Just say "I'm tough!", that's my girl.
Post a Comment