Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Party!

So we are not big sports fans. We like to watch a game here and there unless its live then we love to go. But we always have a big super bowl party for the kids. We love to celebrate with them. So I just made turkey and cheese sandwiches, with a cheese ball and chips and then Aunt Kirsten came over and brought 7 layer bean dip, m&ms and twix. We had so much fun.

Rodney and Emily were sweet and put lotion on both my feet and Kirstens.(There idea not ours) :) Karlee did both of our hair. I meant to get a picture but Kirstens got taken out. Rodney and Matt were on the blue team and Kirsten, Karlee and I were on the gold team. Emily however was on the purple team???

That night it was hard to get the kids to bed they were hyper. At 9:30 I went down to tell Rodney he needed to go to bed right now. I went down there frustrated, until I got to his door and heard him singing the 2ND article of faith. I smiled. How could you get mad at such a sweet boy?? So I told him, "I love your singing and I really want you to do it some more tomorrow but for now you need to go to sleep." I love my family they make me so happy.


The kids ready for the game!

silly kids

Yummy treats!

Cute little Emily

4 comments:

J♥M said...

I think it's a great tradition! We need a great excuse to get all hyped up sometimes!

Kirsten said...

My favorite thing was that Karlee kept saying, "This is the BEST Super Bowl EVER!"

*A* said...

Looks like a dang good time! Too bad Peggy had fruits and veggies for us for our super bowl party...do you think she was trying to tell us something????

Brett And Tiffani said...

Sounds like fun. I love a good party. Tell Rodney we missed him in Sunbeams on Sunday.