Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thanks Grandma Clements

So when we first moved here Karlee got invited to a Birthday party at the pool. I took Rodney and let him swim but honestly he cried for an hr and a half. He hates water in his face and he has some sensory issues so he was terrified of the orange slide. It was not a fun day at the pool that day. Well since then I have been having Rodney take showers not bathes and he said he wanted to try it again I was worried it would be a nightmare but to my surprise he actually did love it. He went down over and over. It made me so happy and proud of him. He has overcome a TON but every once in awhile something will set him off so I was happy that this one was easier to get over.

Anyway, my mom had told the kids that she would buy them a pool pass for the summer and the kids were ecstatic! Since she did this I figured it would be the perfect time to have them take swimming lessons so they were more comfortable in the water and so it wasn't so stressful for me. They have been doing really good and its fun for Emily and Rodney to be in the same class as there cousin Whitney. Thank you so much mom for the pool pass it truly has been the best gift. So lessons 3 times a week and every time we stay and swim, its super fun!

Silly Emily

Karlee learned to float on her back already but she is still nervous to do it in the deep.


Cute little Emmalous

This is HUGE for him!


WOW that really is Rodney!!!

and he is smiling not crying!

Coach told Karlee "see you can do it."





Emily and Whitney

Go Rodney!



Rodney your doing Great!



This is actually at the water park but its a cute picture of Karlee and her old friend.


Thanks Grandma Clements!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the swimming photos. It is a great skill and tons of fun to learn to swim and be comfortable in the water. The kids may become water babies after all. Loves!
Grandma B.

*A* said...

I'm so glad the cousins are in the same class. Great memories for them!