Thursday, July 21, 2011

I need a Vacation

This month has really been hard. I was so excited for summer to start and so far its been really rough. At the beginning of the month Mason got an ear infection and Karlee got strep throat. Well Masons ear infection never went away, which means a lot of screaming in the night. So now he is on his second round of antibiotics. Rodney has had a cough for about 2 weeks its not terrible just annoying to him. Last Friday I had been sick for a week. My head and ears had been hurting so bad. Mason and I both were coughing so in the morning I took him into the Dr they said he has bronchiolitis again and that he cant have his surgery next week. He also has to do at home breathing treatements. We had his surgety all planned Matt has off of work and Grandma Bro was coming up to watch the kids. So now he will have it in Sept when the 2 kids are in school.


Mason getting a breathing treatment



OK so then I went into the Dr that night and found out that I had an ear infection and strep throat. I have never had either one let alone both. Over the weekend I seriously felt like dying. I cried so much, so did Mason. I felt horrible! By Sunday Matt joined the club and got a virus so he cant really help. So here I am sick trying to take care of everyone. Then yesterday I told Matt that I felt like I was going to pass out. My head was still killing me and the only thing that was gone was my cough. But every time I got up I had a bad head rush and felt really lightheaded.

Matt stayed home with everyone and I took Rodney to soccer, it was picture day so someone had to take him. Rodney did AWESOME! The score was 5-1. Rodney scored it was so fun to see him so proud of himself. Right after I decided I couldn't take it anymore. I went to Insta Care and told them I have been on antibiotics for 6 days and I felt horrible. The Dr said that I had some sinus stuff going on and that I was really dehydrated. So after 4times of getting poked with a needle they finally got an IV in me and I had to get rehydrated, Ibuprofen and some antibiotics.

This is not the way I wanted to spend our summer. I feel a little better than I did but I still don't feel good. She told me today and tomorrow to drink a ton or I'd end up back in the hospital. I was there until 11pm. She even said that I needed to take more time for me and take better care of myself. I couldn't help but laugh. I have a husband who works full time and goes to school full time. I know it will be worth it when he is done but a lot of times I feel like a single mom of 4. I was definitely running on empty though. I don't understand why its taking me so long to get better. I asked Matt if it was because Im now in my 30's he laughed and said No. So if you could remember me and my family in your prayers that would be so appreciated. Thanks! Oh, and thanks Andra for coming to get Rodney I really appreciated that too!

8 comments:

easleyfamily said...

Hang in there! Sounds like NO fun at all - we'll keep you in our prayers for sure!

Wendy Bro. said...

Bless your heart! I can relate a bit remembering the days when Tom traveled all the time and I would have sick kids (or myself) over and over again. Sometimes I just wanted to bawl. Hang in there sweetie...better days are around the corner.

Sara said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have all been so sick. I hope for a speedy recovery to you all. Wish I was closer and could help you out.

Holly said...

We love your sweet family! Sickness is the worst part about being a Mom and it's just plain horrible when you are sick too! You are in our thoughts and prayers! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Stephanie. I am so sorry that you guys have had such a bad run of sickness. As Wendy mentioned, I can remember when it seemed there was no end to someone being sick. I am happy that, last time we talked, you were feeling better. Be sure to thank Andra, and then your mom for the medication suggestion. Sounds like it was a winner! You, Matt and the kids are in our prayers! Rodney- a soccer score! That is awesome! Gramdma Bro

*A* said...

Dude, that sucks. At least I'm your best/favorite neighbor EVA! Glad you guys are doing better. This weekend was super fun!!

Sandra said...

I thought I was having a crappy boring month, but nope, you win the Boobie Prize. Hope everyone gets better soon!

J♥M said...

I'm so sorry summer's been rough! I sure hope that you're able to enjoy some of it before it's over! I hope you're all feeling better this week!