Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy 24rth of July!

I love our ward/neighborhood so much. Every year the day before the 24Th of July they have all the kids decorate up there bikes and go on a bike parade around the neighborhood. There are tons of parents sitting out in there front yard waving at the kids. It makes them feel so special. Then at the end they all get a Popsicles. Well last year Karlee and Rodney walked because there bikes were at Grandma and Papa Bros. So this year we were ready. We got Karlees bike and we got Rodneys scooter and Emily was in the stroller.The kids were so excited. I was surprised how fast Karlee was riding her bike and Rodney got upset that he couldn't go very fast on his scooter so he just wanted to run with his helmet on it was so cute. Emily loved it too. This year it was so hot that one of the sweet moms turned on her sprinklers in her backyard the kids loved it. I cant wait until the day we can buy a house in that neighborhood and have a backyard again :)
The kids waiting to start the "Bike Parade"
The kids running in the sprinklers. Karlee said it was the best day of her life. I was happy she had fun but it made me feel bad that we don't have a backyard for the kids. But I know that my husband going back to school is going to make that dream come true for us :)

4 comments:

*A* said...

Looks like dang fun!

Kirsten said...

Have we ever shown you the pictures from the neighborhood parades we used to have in Kaysville? I don't remember them, but in the pictures, our bikes are all decorated with crepe paper and balloons. And I look like I'm having an awesome time. I wonder if Matt remembers them??

anyway, I love that your neighborhood does this! That's awesome. I'm sorry I missed it! Love you guys!

Ball Family said...

That is cute what Karlee said. We had so much fun too! I love our neighborhood. It's great that we got so many people who participate in these fun activities.

Brett And Tiffani said...

I hate we missed it. Joshua was wiped out and fell asleep at 5:30, super early.