Friday, July 1, 2011

Schools out for the summer!

Well July 1rst was Karlees last day of 1rst grade. I cant believe that she is going to be going into 2ND Grade! The last week of school was super busy. There was a teddy bear picnic, a dance festival, award assembly, and a class party. She got a metal which was really fun for her to get. She earned an award for "The Best at Coloring" which her dad was especially proud of her for. She had also won the Art Guild Award at her old school. Her teacher was really nice and sent all the kids home with a gift, it was play dough, a c.d of a bunch of class photos, and a ball to play with in the water.

The dance festival was fun and sad. Right when we got there we were all moved to the other end of the field. We quickly found out that a little boy had been hit and life flight had to come and take him to Primary Childrens. A lot of people were crying, including me. The reason I even bring this up is that we all need to be so careful an accident could happen in a second. I could of been the driver it could of been my son. We just need to be so careful! I hold on to my kiddos a lot tighter since that day. If anything ever happened to one of my angels it would break me. I love my kids so much. I am so proud of all of them and this day I was especially proud of Karlee.




3 comments:

J♥M said...

We can never be reminded too many times to be extra careful when kids are around! Especially during the summer! Yay for an outstanding student! She makes for a cute 2nd grader!

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

What a cute girl and a cute school!

Anonymous said...

It is easy to be proud of Karlee. She seems to excel at so many things. Just tell her to keep doing wonderful things. Love the pictures, too. She will be such a fabulous 2nd grader and Rodney will be a handsome kindergartener. It is exciting when the kids start school (for them)just not so exciting for the mom. All of the kids are such cuties!
Grandma B.